© 2023 by Dave's Corvettes. Proudly created with Wix.com

Current Project

I've been working on cars for a long time and I've always loved Corvettes. In my time working on Corvettes I have restored a few cars back to original form. Now I'm really interested in doing Resto-Mods for my Corvettes! this page you will see my process of turning this beautiful Original 1956 C1 into a restored Resto- Mod. 

PART 1: 

Completely dismantling my 1956-C1, 
preparing for blasting (before and after)

The first thing I needed to get done is completely take everything apart, and strip it of all the original paint.  For this project Im looking to keep the style/ body the same as the original, but everything else is going to be modified or replaced. In the images above I'm showing you the completely disassembled 1956 C1 before and after stripping the paint. I had a guy come to my at home shop and blast it, make sure you have plenty of room and you are doing it in a place that you can easily clean or you don't mind being covered in sand/ soda solution (outdoors), because when your finished it will look like it just snowed. 

Part: 2

Putting Things Back Together, Beginning Painting 

Now that we have broken the body down to the bare bones now we can really start on the fun stuff, putting it all together! Once I got the body resting on a temporary wooden rolling chassis. That helps me to move the body all around so that I can easily clean the excess dust and sand left from the blasting, as well as put the doors, hood, and trunk back into place. After that it will be time to fill any imperfections as well as put a base coat on the undercarriage. During this process, the weather was beginning to turn from fall to winter so I needed to have a place to begin painting in the cold and wind. So I decided to set up this huge tent that the body can easily fit in.. after thoroughly staking it into the ground, I could begin my work. I would highly recommend one of these tents. 

Part 3: 

Detailing/ Making Accessories  

 

There is an old saying, "The Devil is in the Details" for those of you not familiar that just simply means that even when you make something that is so nice and good looking, if there is something like Dirt, scratches, or even cheapo parts or accessories. Those small things can make all the difference. So for This project I have been working very hard with every little thing. In the pictures above you can see the bones of my soon to be center console. im making sure to clean and inspect all of the moving parts that will be going into the vehicle old and new parts alike, everything has to be up to my standards.

Part 4: 

Lowering/ Fitting Body to Chassis

Now that most of the dirty work has been taken care of I'm bringing the body inside my shop. Wheeling it in, I positioned it under my motorized lift, using heavy duty straps I was able to lift it up and down using the lift. I lower it inch by inch slowly making sure everything fits and is in the correct position. This process can be a little tedious, but well worth it. She fit perfectly onto the new frame, with the low suspension this car is looking mean! can't wait to keep working on this. 

Part 5:

Upholstery/Interior 

In this video I'm going to be showing you guys some of the beginning processes of preparing my materials in order to start applying upholstery. I'm using gray leather for my interior and i will be accenting it with burgundy stitching, can't wait to be able to show you all more updates! 

1/5

Finally, All my my parts have come in the mail. I have everything in one shop so now it's getting time to start really putting all of my pieces together. This LS2 engine look amazing on my custom build chassis, when this project is over my car is going to be able to fly down roads. The body is almost completely refurbished and I'm going to be able to start painting in no time. 

I made my own custom Z58 metal emblems for my 56 corvette resto. It's designed after the ZO6 emblem. They can not be found online, unless you order 300 or more. I think it turned out extremely nice, im very happy with this, more than likely going to try it again but this time with a brushed aluminum to give it even more of an accent.